Cleaning and Conservation
The tarnish in Silver Jewelry is caused by oxidation due to the contact of the Jewelry with certain elements such as oxygen or sulfur, acids, products that contain alcohol, storage for an extended period of time, or the PH of the skin of each person.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ITS CONSERVATION
- Store the Jewel in a cool, dry place to prevent oxidation.
- Do not expose the Jewel to corrosive agents such as: chlorine, grease, sweat, perfumes, alkaline agents, or salinity for long periods of time.
- If the Jewel is set with natural stones (precious / semiprecious), pearls, mother-of-pearl or products of organic origin, do not expose it to abrasive substances, they can cause the loss of its natural shine.
- Do not store directly in contact with wood, wood often contains acids that can affect the luster of the silver's surface.
- Clean Jewelry regularly to maintain its shine and beauty.
Jewelry can be safely cleaned by soaking for ten minutes in warm soapy water or baking soda (do not use a detergent soap). It can be scrubbed with a soft brush to remove dirt, if necessary.
Finally, dry the Jewel very well with a dry absorbent cloth, you will see the shine that it acquires immediately.
Preferably use a silver jewelry polishing cloth, gently rubbing its surface or a special liquid silver jewelry cleaner for this purpose.
Warning : Do not wash the cloth. The Jewel and the cloth must be completely dry before use.